Authored by: Jim Stewart, Founder DocuSend, powered by MTI.
Certifiably Gain a Professional Edge
Posted on December 27, 2017
When you have something important and secure to mail that requires verification of receipt, USPS Certified Mail will confirm that your documents will arrive at their intended destination. There are several options to prepare and track certified mail, but they are tedious, time consuming, and expensive.
So, how do you get around all that?
Just print your documents to a PDF file and upload it to the DocuSend website as usual. Then go to Review Individual Documents and select which documents you want to be mailed Certified under the Special Handling dropdown menu.
That's it – you're done!
Your document tracking number will be posted on your secure DocuSend portal by the time it mails the next business day.
☛ Here are a few examples of what you will be avoiding by using DocuSend instead of:
Certified mail from the Post Office:
- ☑ Trips to the Post Office to acquire the certified mail forms
- ☑ Manually writing all the required information on the forms
- ☑ Removing the form backing and placing on the required area of the envelope
- ☑ Storing receipts for physical documentation
- ☑ Paying the postage and fees
Certified mail using online services:
- ✅ Register and pay monthly fees agreed to (if applicable)
- ✅ Confirm the service offers next-day tracking
- ✅ Scan your document and upload to the website of your mailing service
- ✅ Keep a copy of your proof of mailing as well as USPS proof of delivery
Companies that use internal resources for certified mailing:
- ✔ Meter rental service fees
- ✔ Meter reset fees
- ✔ Meter ink costs
- ✔ Weight scale cost
- ✔ Material costs including paper and envelopes
- ✔ Manual labor to print, fold, stuff, seal, and apply postage
So, what's the bottom line?
Your business can gain a professional edge by avoiding any or all of the above time consuming, repetitive tasks simply by trying DocuSend. We're sure you'll never go back.